The Quality Improvement department at Johns Hopkins HealthCare (JHHC) is dedicated to providing EHP members with high quality health care services. We are always checking the services we provide to make them better.
What Are Our Focus Areas?
We use national measures and best practices to make sure that our members get the best care and services. Our Quality Improvement (QI) staff focuses on four areas:
- Organizational quality
- Service excellence
- Quality of care and member safety
- Business process improvement
How Often Are We Graded?
QI is always looking at data and trends. We have many projects and plans in place. These projects are graded every year. We use the results to set goals for the next year.
2016 Quality Improvement Highlights and Rankings:
- Accreditation Status of Accredited through National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA®)
- Rated 4.0 on a scale of 5.0
- The highest possible percentile ranking (NCQA 90TH percentile) for the following HEDIS® measures: Appropriate Testing for Children with Pharyngitis, Childhood Immunizations (Combo 2, Combo 10), Immunizations for Adolescents, Flu Vaccinations for Adults and Postpartum Care. View the full HEDIS results.
- NCQA® HEDIS® auditor recognition and audit SEAL for 2016 HEDIS®
- “Rating of Health Plan” is on track with rates that are over the 50th percentile National Average target as measured by the annual member satisfaction survey. The survey results indicate that there are opportunities to improve access to routine and specialty care, and claims processing. EHP continues to work with network practitioners to improve access for members. Utilization Management is implementing a process improvement action plane to address referral/pre-authorization issues. A new claims system will be implemented in 2017. View the 2017 Member Experience Survey (CAHPS).
Where Can I Find Out More About Quality Improvement?
You can find more information about our quality improvement efforts in the “Connections” newsletters.