The Quality Improvement department at Johns Hopkins HealthCare (JHHC) is dedicated to providing EHP members with high quality health care services. We are always checking the services we provide to make them better.
What Are Our Focus Areas?
We use national measures and best practices to make sure that our members get the best care and services. Our Quality Improvement (QI) staff focuses on four areas:
- Organizational quality
- Service excellence
- Quality of care and member safety
- Business process improvement
How Often Are We Graded?
QI is always looking at data and trends. We have many projects and plans in place. These projects are graded every year. We use the results to set goals for the next year.
2018 Quality Improvement Highlights and Rankings:
- “Commendable” status through the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA®)
- Rated 3.5 out of 5 with Commendable Accreditation
- The highest possible percentile ranking (NCQA 90TH percentile) for the following HEDIS® measures: Appropriate Testing for Children with Pharyngitis, Childhood Immunizations (Combo 2, Combo 10), Immunizations for Adolescents, Flu Vaccinations for Adults and Postpartum Care. View the full HEDIS results.
- NCQA® HEDIS® auditor recognition and audit SEAL for 2018 HEDIS®
- “Rating of Personal Doctor”, “Rating of Health Care”, “Coordination of Care” and “Rating of Specialist” is on track with rates that are over the 50th percentile National Average target as measured by the annual member satisfaction survey. The survey results indicate that there are opportunities to improve how well “Doctors Communicate”, “Getting needed care”, “Getting care quickly”, “Rating of health plan”, “Customer service”, and “Claims processing”. EHP continues to work with network practitioners to improve access for members. In order to improve the member experience, the EHP client relations department closely collaborates with Customer Services and Claims to develop improvement initiatives addressing member concerns. In addition, interim surveys were deployed with targeted actions based on members’ responses. View the 2019 Member Experience Survey (CAHPS).
Where Can I Find Out More About Quality Improvement?
You can find more information about our quality improvement efforts in our Newsletters.