Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Johns Hopkins EHP is tracking the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely. We want to make sure you have up-to-date information about vaccines, testing, and your health plan benefits.
COVID-19 vaccine information by state:
Johns Hopkins University and Medicine: latest news and guidelines
If you live outside one of the states or regions identified above, please follow the guidelines of your state and local health departments.
Johns Hopkins EHP is working hard to make it easy for you to take advantage of COVID-19 testing and vaccines and to get the health care you need during the pandemic.
- Johns Hopkins EHP members do not have to pay for an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. Your cost-share (copay, deductible, etc.) is $0 for these vaccines during the public health emergency.
- Members can receive the vaccine from an in-network or out-of-network provider.
- Three COVID-19 vaccines have now been authorized by the FDA, including the single-dose Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine. Learn more.
- Click your state’s link above to find your vaccine eligibility status
You still need access to great health care, even if you don’t feel safe going to a provider’s office. EHP has expanded telemedicine benefits to offer members quick access to providers anytime, anywhere.
- Telemedicine is covered; originating site can be patient’s home. Services for diagnosis, consultation and treatment provided through telemedicine must meet all requirements of face-to-face visits between a licensed health care provider and patient consistent with the provider’s scope of practice.
- Additional covered telemedicine services includes preventative visits, additional behavioral health, and PT/OT/ST codes.
- There is no restriction on place of service (POS) of rendered services.
- Same authorization requirements apply for telemedicine as for face-to-face visits
- Telemedicine provided by out-of-network providers is covered and payable under member’s out-of-network benefits, if applicable.
- Telephonic consultation is covered.
- Testing for COVID-19 is covered with an in-network or out-of-network provider.
- Members will have no cost-sharing (copayments, co-insurance and deductibles) for COVID-19 testing or visits that result in COVID-19 testing, items and services provided during an office visit (including in office or telehealth provider office visits, urgent care and emergency department visits) that results in the administration of a COVID-19 test or an order for such test, but only to the extent that the items and services relate to the COVID-19 test.
- Prior authorizations waived for COVID-19 testing and the associated visit.
- To increase access to prescription medications, EHP is waiving the early medication refill limits for supplies of at least 30 days (for EHP members with pharmacy benefits through CVS/caremark).
Members can also consider getting a 90-day supply of maintenance medications you take on a regular basis. Visit COVID-19 – Frequently Asked Pharmacy Questions or our pharmacy page to learn more about your prescription coverage.