Through Johns Hopkins HealthCare, EHP offers a one-of-a-kind structure of health programs for our plan members… at no cost. Members are placed in one of three levels and, depending on their level, are given a variety of support, tools, and services that are specifically designed to help them better understand and manage their medical conditions.
What is a Care Manager?
Care managers are skilled nurses and social workers who provide support, guidance, and encouragement in helping our members manage their health. Working closely with our members and their health care providers, case managers:
- Assess physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and financial needs
- Educate members on ways to manage their health
- Assist with referrals to specialty providers
- Coordinate care with other departments and community agencies
- Provide ongoing communication to track and review progress
Other services provided by the program include:
- Periodic mailings of health educational materials
- Communicating to the member and health care provider about medical and pharmacy claims
- Review of medications with our clinical pharmacists if needed
- Help getting behavioral health services; this service can be reached by calling the toll-free number 1-888-309-4573
- Outreach to eligible members as they leave inpatient care, ensuring they get the correct follow-up care and needed medical equipment
- Help with discharge planning, care coordination, and member and family education when moving from a hospital to a lower level of care
- Greens, Beans & Leans: A Complete Diet & Exercise Guidelines
If you think you may benefit from these programs or services and would like to refer yourself, or if you have any questions, please contact us:
6704 Curtis Court
Glen Burnie, Maryland, 21060
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Please do not send any Personal Health Information (PHI) or personal medical information when using the e-mail link above. Please include contact information in case we need to reach you. Any messages received after business hours will be addressed the next business day.
Johns Hopkins HealthCare’s health programs and services are voluntary and are provided at no cost to the member. Members identified with certain needs may be automatically enrolled but are under no obligation to participate.