Health Education Programs
EHP offers various health education programs and workshops to help our members achieve their best health. Our health education programs cover:
Below are brief descriptions of each program. To sign up for a program, call 1-800-957-9760 or email email@example.com. Please let us know if you are in need of reasonable accommodations.
Adult Weight Management
- 5 week fitness program for adults age 50 and older
- Members will learn the benefits of strength training and participate in hands on practice. Maintaining bone density and reducing risk falls will also be covered.
- 8 week adult weight management program sponsored by the Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Members will learn how to manage their weight through healthy eating, exercise, and lifestyle changes.
- 90 minute workshop for adults who want to jump start their weight loss
- Members will learn the importance of goal setting and the basics of healthy eating and exercise.
- 90 minute healthy eating workshop for families on a budget
- Members will learn how to purchase and prepare healthier meals, save money on groceries, and read nutrition labels.
Child Weight Management
- 6 week weight management program for children and their guardians
- Children will learn body image, self-esteem, the importance of healthy food choices, and fun ways to be more active. Guardians will be provided the tools they need to assist their children with making healthier choices.
- 90 minute healthy eating workshop for children and their guardians
- Members will learn the importance of creating a healthy plate, family fun exercises and reducing screen time.
- 2 hour interactive workshop for asthmatic children ages 7-12 and their parents
- Members will learn the warning signs of asthma, how to avoid triggers, and how to do breathing treatments. Parents and kids will work together to create an Asthma Action Plan.
- 90 minute workshop for adults
- Members will learn the the warning signs of uncontrolled blood pressure, and the effects it has on their health. Members will also learn ways to manage blood pressure through eating healthy, reducing sodium, and being physically active.
- 4 week diabetes program for adults
- Members will learn the basics of diabetes, how to monitor and control their blood sugar and the importance of medication management. Nutrition and how to create a healthy food plate will also be discussed.
- 6 week diabetes program for adults sponsored by Stanford University
- Members will be provided with tools to self-manage their diabetes through healthy eating, exercise and taking medication as prescribed. Members will also set goals and develop weekly action plans.
- 5 week diabetes program for adults
- Members will learn how to recognize and prevent complications of diabetes, understand the relationship between stress, diabetes and depression. The importance of healthy eating and exercise will also be discussed.
- 90 minute pre-diabetes workshop for adults
- Members will learn how to prepare a healthy plate, count carbohydrates, add daily exercise into their life, and effectively work with their healthcare provider to prolong or prevent a diabetes diagnosis.
- 6 week, 2-hour evidence based program
- Members will learn the skills needed for day-to-day management of their chronic conditions.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- 90 minute COPD workshop for adults
- Members will learn how to successfully manage and live well with COPD.
- 90 minute heart disease workshop for adults
- Members will learn what heart disease is and how to manage their risk factors through stress reduction, exercise, healthy eating, medication management, and regular visits with their healthcare team.
- 90 minute sleep workshop for adults
- Members will learn about common sleep disorders, the importance of a good night’s sleep and how to create healthier sleep habits.
- 4 week smoking program for adults sponsored by the American Cancer Society
- Members will learn why it’s important to quit smoking and how to overcome barriers to quitting. Members will also be encouraged to pick a quit date.
- A 90 minute stress reduction workshop for adults
- Members will learn what stress is and how it affects the body. Stress relief strategies and everyday mindfulness will also be discussed. You will also learn how to create a Stress Relief Action Plan.
- A 2 hour workshop for patients and caregivers
- Members will learn how to organize medical documents to prepare for doctor visits. You will also learn skills to help improve talking with your healthcare providers.